Uncategorized

Title fight between Jemel Herring and Jonathan Okendo has been postponed for the second time,

Jemel Herring and Jonathan Okendo has been postponed for the second time,

Because Herring has confirmed that he has tested positive for the coronavirus again.The fight was originally scheduled for July 2 but was initially postponed when Herring was pulled from the card for a positive test. While in Omaha before arriving in Las Vegas for the July 14 battle, Herring tested negative for the Covid-19 and thus entered the “bubble” at the MGM Grand Conference Center on Sunday night. Herring said she went through her test around 9:30 a.m. Sunday and received news of a positive test Monday morning. Jemel Herring and Jonathan Okendo
. I was actually overweight a few days ago,” Herring told ESPN on Monday afternoon.

collected by twitter

Tuesday’s fight was supposed to be her second title defense for her world champion Herring (21-2, 10k), who lost to Masayuki Ito last May, setting the stage for a fall showdown with two-time champion Carl Frampton.

“For my team, I’m actually even more shocked about this because we’ve done so much,” Herring said. The main thing is that I took time away from my family. But I’m more upset with the people around me. But I feel great.”
Herring said he will now return to the country in Cincinnati and wait to be reassigned once more.

In light of the second postponement of the Herring-Okendo fight, the top rank is adjusting its approach to the fight for redefining were a fighter had previously tested positive for the CVD-19.

A top-ranking source said, “After talking to doctors and infectious disease specialists, our new guidelines will not be rescheduled for more than six weeks after a positive test.”if you one to more news.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button