For years UFC 254 results, it was thought Khabib Nurmagomedov’s best menace was Tony Ferguson. However after Justin Gaethje dominated Ferguson to win the interim title, he grew to become the following man up for “The Eagle” — and possibly the one man able to take the light-weight title from the champion’s grasp. The 2 meet on the primary occasion of Saturday afternoon’s UFC 254 card from Battle Island in Abu Dhabi.
The remainder of the cardboard shapes up nicely with former middleweight champ Robert Whittaker taking over Jared Cannonier within the co-main occasion. The bout probably decides the following challenger to Israel Adesanya after “The Final Stylebender” referred to as for a shot at Cannonier if he’s profitable on Saturday. Plus, a pair of heavyweights with world title desires collide in a featured bout when Alexander Volkov takes on Walt Harris. Volkov is coming off a call loss to Curtis Blaydes whereas Harris made an important mistake in opposition to Alistair Overeem that resulted in a TKO defeat.
The six-fight major card that kicks off at 2 p.m. ET on pay-per-view. CBS Sports activities will probably be with you all night bringing you results and evaluation from UFC 254 on Battle Island.
UFC 254 card and results
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Justin Gaethje (ic), light-weight title
- Jared Cannonier vs. Robert Whittaker, middleweights
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris, heavyweights
- Phillip Hawes def. Jacob Malkoun through the first-round TKO (punches)
- Lauren Murphy def. Liliya Shakirova through second-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Magomed Ankalaev def. Ion Cutelaba through the first-round TKO (punches)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Stefan Struve through the first-round TKO (punches)
- Casey Kenney def. Nathaniel Wooden through unanimous determination (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Shavkat Rakhmonov def. Alex Oliveira through first-round submission (guillotine choke)
- Da-Un Jung vs. Sam Alvey battle to separate draw (29-28, 28-29, 28-28)
- Miranda Maverick def. Liana Jojua through the first-round TKO (physician stoppage)
- Joel Alvarez def. Alexander Yakovlev through first-round submission (armbar)